This job is a life time opportunity; Global Business Manager EcoPaXX®. Join a diverse, high performance, customers first team and drive the global growth of the biobased plastic that powers electronics, covers high efficiency engines and makes water supply cleaner.
Global Business Manager EcoPaXX® Office location: Geleen, the Netherlands
Scope: Global, with 30-40% travelling involved
In this position you will be responsible for managing the product line EcoPaXX® , a bio-based, high-performance polyamide (PA410) that offers outstanding performance in the most demanding environments. This business has been growing fast because of significant demands for cleaner and more sustainable high-performance plastics. Our customers use the EcoPaXX® products in various industries, to create innovative products for the electronics, automotive, water management and textile markets .In this role the challenge will be to interface with customers and our global commercial teams, to support the development of new product grades, making sure that the marketing and product development are continuously adjusted to the global market needs.
You will interact with R&T to steer new product developments, with colleagues of Supply Chain about the delivery of the products to our clients and with sales territory managers to support them in their sales activities and share market insights for the product.You will like this position if you are driven to fully understand a market and its customers and if you are interested in technical details. If you like to connect and challenge your internal stakeholders to deliver high add value to our customers and making sure you transfer your passion for the product to the sales teams. And working with specialists on developing the product to meet market demands and making sure the market understands the value of our product
The positionMain Tasks Evolving Your Function
- Drive profitable growth; prepare and implement the annual business plan; realize and maximize the operating result; exercise responsibility for P&L.
- Manage the interfaces and create guidelines regarding market analysis, product development, planning, production and delivery (decide on performance indicators, review investment plans, present proposals as to stock level / adjustment of product plan).
- Manage the process of sales regarding pricing policy (correct implementation of setting target prices), volume allocation, relationships with customers, complaint handling and making contracts (decide on pricing, volume, customer and assortment policies).
The idealYou Have/are
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree, preferably chemical engineering/ mechanical engineering or other technical education.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Sales, Product development or Marketing experience, preferably in a B2B industrial environment.
- Experience with successfully selling or marketing a technical product
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), additional languages are an advantage.
DSM’s wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents.At DSM we stimulate a good work/life balance by making flexible working possible.